-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 12:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: One notification engine to rule them all?

Read up on external qualifications and advanced workflow.  You can very
easily write a small set of forms workflow to store the notifications to
be sent, to whom they are sent, and when they are sent.  Think of using
a config form that stored the following info:
- form (which form the notification fires from)
- to (fieldid)
- subject (the subject text, can substitute variables)
- body (body, can substitute variables)
- fire when (external qual to evaluate on modify)

One tricky thing will the the include fields if you want to use
templates.

This could be integrated to any number of forms by walking a table
(where $SCHEMA$ = 'form') and firing advanced workflow if the qual is
met.

Axton Grams

On Nov 8, 2007 1:38 PM, Durrant, Michael M. - ITSD
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
>
> Like Bing Crosby, I'm dreaming, but not of a White Christmas.  I'm
> dreaming of a single set of forms and workflow that I would use to
> control all of my notifications.  Originally, my co-worker and I
> envisioned a single system for ALL notifications, regardless of the
> form.  Realizing that was quite the undertaking, we're limiting it to
one form right now: HPD:HelpDesk.