Hello again list,

We are still having some problems with the Email Engine on our
servers, hopefully one of you can help us out again. The current
problem appears to be lackluster performance (we seem to be only
processing about 20 outgoing emails a minute), and it appears to be
intermittently stalling.

While we were doing some troubleshooting we ran the Email Engine with
logging turned on via a batch file (as per the KB article). While we
had the server running from the batch file we noticed that outgoing
email seemed to process much faster (about 200 emails a minute). To
check this we stopped the email server again and ran it from the
Windows Service instead - things went back to normal (about 20 emails
a minute).

Without needing to say why, we are currently running the Email Engine
from a batch file (EmailStart.bat). Can anyone think of any reason why
the Email Engine would run slower from a Windows Service, than from
the batch file?

If you need some details on the registry entries for the service we
can provide them.

AR - 7.0.01 patch 002 on Windows 2003 Server R2 Email Engine - 7.0.01
(J2RE 1.4.2_12)