-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anesh A Kurian
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:04 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Export Form Data to Excel on Button Action

**

Hi listers,

Thank you to all for their prompt reply, to my earlier posting on how to
export data to excel. A key point I forgot to mention is that the
application runs on web so many it leaves me with lesser options. I was
exploring on DDE and OLE to my disappointment I found later that these
are not supported over web. Then I switched to running a report using
the Open Window action on an Active Link. But here too I face a problem
that the user has to rename the file from <filename>.rep to
<filename>.xls and do a save. Is there any way I can force it always to
save with a .xls. I have seen a same posting on the same requirement.
Hope to see some ideas.

Thanks and regards,

Anesh A Kurian

it___ __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with