-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of FRANK, GORDON CTR DISA JSSC
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 4:54 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Export Form Data to Excel on Button Action (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED Caveats: NONE

This can be done in the following way:

1. Create a DDE.ini file in your Home directory
2. Copy the following into the DDE.ini text file

[excelrecord] Path=c:\excel\excel.exe Application=excel Topic=system Format=TAB XFRDATA=Clipboard Command1=[NEW(1)][PASTE()][SAVE.AS(,0)]
3. Enable "Report to Application" option is selected in the Options
dialog box
4. Build and save a report in the Remedy User tool
5. Choose Report > Export to > Application from the Report menu bar
6. Your query and created report will be sent to Excel
7. Tie this report to an Open Window action in an Active Link with a
Button (Permissions: Public)

Below is a web link with explains this in more detail:

http://service-it-remedy.web.cern.ch/service-it-remedy/clients/aruser/Re
ports15.html

A description is also available in the Remedy User Tool help.

You can also execute Visual Basic code. To do this you will need to
substitute VB for the "Command1=[NEW(1)][PASTE()][SAVE.AS(,0)]" see VB Help for more detail.
You will have to work with relative addressing in Visual Basic (a
recorded macro in VB will give you static addressing).

Gordon M. Frank
DISA\Version FNS