Our current environment is ARS 7.1, Help Desk 5.6 and SLA 5.6. We also
have several other apps (Flashboards, Remedy Link for SQL etc.)

I have no desire to take the plunge to the ITSM 7.x apps at this time. I
wish to accomplish three things:

1) Upgrade our current Help Desk to version 6.0.
2) Install CMDB and DSL. Can this be run with Help Desk 6.0?
3) We are also licensed for the SLM app. We have the SLA 5.6 app
installed but are not using it at all. No worry about losing any prior
SLA data. Can I install SLM 7.x and use it with Help Desk 6.0? If so do
I upgrade from SLA 5.6 to SLM? from SLA 5.6 to SLA 6.0 and then to SLM?

I will be doing this on a test box with a copy of our production data
and workflow. Our workflow has been customized. I have for the most part
followed Doug Muller's advice on making changes to workflow (disabling
the existing workflow and giving the modified workflow a prefix that I
can identify).

Anyone done this before? Anyone using CMDB with Help Desk 6.x?

thanks

Brian Sokol
Manager, Desktop Services
Scholastic Inc.