I would not doubt that these kinds of problems exist in the BMC OOTB
code - I have seen them for years, back to version 2 and 3 of the Help
Desk application.  Let us know what you find during your installation.
I no longer have a ticket open on this - they closed it and logged a
defect several weeks ago.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/