Agreed.

In our final analysis - we concluded that the Abydos Designer would be
much more effective as a SRMS front end than the current SRMS module
offered by BMC.  The Abydos Designer makes a lot of sense if you are
going to be using complex processes, or expect to frequently generate
a lot of requests and tasks.  The configuration of the Designer is by
far simpler than BMC's current SRMS.  Even complex proceses are
obvious with the Visio "front end".

For those of you looking to custom build & deploy an SRMS system -
this might be a good option to look at...