Embedded pointers?

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of FRANK, GORDON CTR DISA JSSC
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 10:34 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Renaming Forms/Active Links/Filters through .DEF files
(UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Yes, what you describe is correct.

The .def file is a big text file. To rename project names, just do a
replace within a text editor and save.

Make a backup before you do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Embedded pointers may take some manual intervention, but the editor
should help with this.

On import, import the new .def and delete the old through the Admin
Tool. I would do this on a test server first and proceed from there into
production.

Gordon M. Frank
DISA\Version FNS