-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:48 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Handling 10,000+ tickets in an escalation

The admin queue is single threaded, but it is only used for admin
(specific) operations.
The escalation queue, in your version, is single threaded.
The fast/list queues are multi-threaded; this is where the bulk of the
work is performed.

Each thread, for each queue, has its own db session.

Take a closer look at what the escalation was doing (what are the
filters doing that it trips).

Axton Grams

On Dec 19, 2007 4:24 PM, Robert Halstead <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ** Hello all,
>
> First off, we are using AR Server 6.3 patch 22.  We have a escalation
> that automatically moves our incident tickets from resolved to closed
> after 48 hours of the ticket being resolved.  We recently resolved
> around 40,000 tickets a couple of days ago not thinking of this
> escalation.  Well, today, the escalation brought Remedy to a halt as
> the escalation took over all resources.
>
> If I remember the docs correctly, the arsystem uses the admin queue
> for all database connections correct?  And if I also remember
> correctly, you can only have one admin queue.  Why is this limitation
> in Remedy?  And if there isn't a limit, what would be the suggested
> number?  We have a server group of two servers and one database, we're

> thinking about using one server for all escalations and another that
> the users can use so that if this happens again, only the escalation
> server will be bogged down and not the server everyone is using.  Is
> this a valid setup for a server group?
>
> Also, is there some way to force Remedy to say only resolve a limited
> number of tickets in a go?  Like a SQL Limit statement?  I'm sure we
> are not the only ones who have ran into this problem, but how do you
> guys handle that many tickets in a go?
>
> --
> "A fool acts, regardless; knowing well that he is wrong. The ignoramus

> acts on only what he knows, but all that he knows. The ignoramus may
> be saved, but the fool knows that he is doomed."
>
> Robert Halstead __20060125_______________________This posting was
> submitted with HTML in it___

This message and any attachments are for the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information about Downey
Savings or its customers, which Downey Savings does not intend to disclose to
the public.  If you received this message by mistake, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and delete the message and attachments.