Thank you Joe...i appreciate your help.
Have a great holidays

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe D'Souza
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 2:25 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: QUESTION: Table

**
What I do is something similar and had even recommended this on the
list.. for exactly the same reason Michael pointed out.. So if I were to
create a table field for a table called HPD:HelpDesk for eg on a column
called Request ID, My table name for that table would be.. TBL_HPD_HD..
The Request ID appearing on that table field would be called
COL_HPD_HD_RequestID.. This way I have all tables listed together on the
drop list of fields, and all columns belonging to that table listed
together as well..

I also have field id conventions of my own that I use for these. I
usually start table field ID's in the 9 million range.. so the first
table field on a schema would have a table field ID of 910000100 second
table will have 910000200 etc.. Columns from the first table would be
starting with 910000101, 910000102 etc... Anyone who has worked with me
from this list might have noticed that..

I have found a lot of advantages of using conventions like this.. Every
data or display only fields that I usually create also have ID
conventions like this.. a form that would have taken 20 minutes to build
might take you an hour, but its worth both that time and efforts..

What I do at the beginning of every project is preselect either a 6 or 7
million range to use or (or 7 or 8 / 8 or 9 million). Usually I am more
biased towards the 8 and 9 million.. I use the 8 million range for data
fields, and subdivide the 8 million range for various kinds of data such
as people data, application 1 data, application 2 data etc.. and use the
9 million range for table fields, buttons, trim fields etc.. where 91
would be prefixed for tables, 92 for buttons, 93 for boxes.. etc..

Cheers

Joe