  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Naveen Kaushik
  Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 11:49 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Server Sizing Guidance ... Urgent

  **
  Hi Lists,

  I need an urgent help regarding remedy server’s sizing.

  We need to implement IM, PM, CM and SLM modules and there are significant
customizations in IM and CM modules. Along with that the CMDB will be
significantly customized to cater to above four modules.

  Also the AIE integration with CMDB to populate it from 3 to 5 discovery
tools and ARDBC integration with AD are in scope.

  Also 300+ Concurrent users will be using the ITSM modules on first go
live.

  The environment is Windows 2003 EE SP 2, SQL Server 2005 EE, ITSM 7.0.2
and CMDB 2.1.

  I am urgently looking for a document/theory/calculation matrix which can
guide me to give the hardware requirements (Most Significant is PRIMARY
MEMORY) for a QA and Production Server on Virtualized environment.

  There will be 6 boxes on a big virtualized box and there will be three
pair that will act as Database, Web and Application server for QA and
Production environment.

  The knowledge I have is:

  RAM :- 2 GB for AR Server + 1 GB for Mid-tier + 2 GB for each Major ITSM
module (from ARS Docs), but I need plenty of FACTS and INFORMATION to give a
concrete base for asking the Hardware which can cater my requirements and
satisfy a really tough customer.

  After all my searches now I rely on the vast experience of this list to
give some pointers or some guide.

  Please help!

  Thanks in advance

  Regards