So possibly it would work with my 6.3 but when I upgrade to 7.x it'll
probably fail. I know that when we do searches now it does add other search
variables to the string. You can see it when you go to the Actions-->View
Recent Searches. I remember Doug talking about adding other variables to the
string so the admins could control what is being searched. Maybe that's why
I never new about that field.

But actually I don't have the option in my Admin tool to add as Frank
suggested above.

On 1/29/08, Misi Mladoniczky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have had problems with field 1005, and support declared that it was not
> supported any more. This was in version 7.0.
>
> The problem was that the system added some strange things to the select
> statement when doing searches through the Windows Client. We had no
> workflow that modified the content of the field, it was enough that the
> field existed...
>
>        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se
>
> Products from RRR Scandinavia:
> * RRR|License - Not enough Remedy licenses? Save money by optimizing.
> * RRR|Log - Performance issues or elusive bugs? Analyze your Remedy logs.
> * RRR|Translator - Manage and automate your language translations.
> Find these products, and many free tools and utilities, at http://rrr.se.
>
> > Add field a field to your with field id 1005, Search Bar. You can do
> > this by opening a form, click tool bar Form and then Form Action
> > fields.
> >
> > On Jan 28, 2008 4:30 PM, Arner, Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> **
> >>
> >> Have you looked into using the defined searches function?  I don't
> >> remember
> >> if it is supported on the 6.3 mid-tier but it is on 7.x.  You set the
> >> defined search from the Admin Tool by going to the view properties
> >> dialog of
> >> the form.  Then to access the search click on the Search menu from the
> >> mid-tier or action menu from the user tool.
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> Todd Arner
> >> Great Lakes Educational Loan Services Inc.
> >>
> >>  __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
> >> html___

> > Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
> >
> > --
> > This message was scanned by ESVA and is believed to be clean.

Thanks

Steven Pataray
Senior Analyst, Help Desk
Bank of Hawaii
909 Dillingham Blvd, Honolulu, HI. 96817
808 694-5078