I came up with a "Check list" of things (forms, tables, workflow,
import-definitions [groups, etc]) which had to be deleted, however it was
quite extensive... Then resulted in tons of manual effort to perform the
"uninstall"

As a rule of thumb, if it can be "installed" it can "somehow" be
de-installed, however "unpretty" it must be "jack-hammered" from the
system...

We succesfully removed Asset 4X which was integreated into 4X IM/CM, then
installed CMDB 1.2, and then Asset 6x, and then integrated Asset 6X into
IM/CM 4X manually... Quite a FUN project!
What version(s) of applications are you on?

Robert Molenda