BMC Sales: Hey management, you can make the system do anything you
want, that's the great thing about ARS
BMC Support: Hey technical guy/gal; you customized it: (1) we won't
support it, (2) we have no upgrade path for customized apps
Your Management: I want to upgrade to the latest version of the apps
now that the next version is available
You: Hey management, BMC sold you something because it sounds good,
but we can't perform an upgrade because we customized it; not only
that, the next version doesn't even remotely resemble our current
version; we need to gut and replace our entire system, disband all the
processes and activities we have bound to our current system, and
impose a huge learning curve to all users of the system
Management: Well, that's unfortunate, since the upgrade is comparable
to an initial implementation of a new application, let's evaluate what
other products are available that address these needs and pick
something better if it exists.

Axton Grams