  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Easter, David
  Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:40 AM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: 7.1 Server License Question

  **
  > While we are on this topic, is there a good reason why the license
functionality along with some other functionalities like Server Information
etc. partially deprecated and disabled from the Admin tool???

  Yes, for a few reasons:

  1) Admin functions can now be accessed through the Admin Console - which
does not require a thick client.  That means such functions can be accessed
via the web or any Remedy User Tool.  The need for the Admin Tool providing
those functions is no longer needed.

  2) The Admin Tool goes away completely in AR System 7.5.00, replaced by
the new Dev Studio.  In preparation for this, and since the admin functions
are provided by the Admin Console, the Admin Tool in 7.1.00 was disabled by
default to only provide design capability.

  -David J. Easter
  Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
  BMC Software, Inc.

  The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My
voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a
spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software,
Inc.