I send that too fast.  dbms_utility.compile_schema will compile triggers,
functions, packages and procedures -- but not views.

You can use 'alter view <view name> compile;' to compile invalid views.
Google it, there are some good scripts that will find walk the
dependencies,find invalid views and compile them.  A good one is by
Solomon Yakobson.

--
Tony Worthington
Sr. Technical Analyst

Tony Worthington/Corp/Kohls
02/12/2008 08:22 AM

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Can ARSystem database - invalid views be deleted?

Have you tried recompiling those invalid views?  I would not recommend
dropping them.

SQL> exec dbms_utility.compile_schema(schema => 'schema_name_goes_here');

SQL>

--
Tony Worthington
Sr. Technical Analyst

Prashant Patil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
02/12/2008 12:40 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Can ARSystem database - invalid views be deleted?

**
Hi All,

Solaris 5.10
Oracle 10.2
ARSystem 7.1
ServiceDesk 7

In the ARSystem database I can see some 100 views with status "INVALID".
The "Created" and "Last_ddl_time" have exactly the same date/time.

Is it ok to delete these invalid views?

Is it possible that some remedy workflow has not been activated and later
may be required?

There is an audit being carried out and we have been informed that invalid
views should not exist in the db!

Please advise.

Example entries are:

OWNER
OBJECT_NAME
OBJECT_TYPE
CREATED
LAST_DDL_TIME
STATUS
ARADMIN
CFG_SERVICE_CATALOG_LOOKUP
VIEW
01/10/2008 14:26:20
01/10/2008 14:26:20
INVALID
ARADMIN
B672
VIEW
01/10/2008 14:26:20
01/10/2008 14:26:20
INVALID
ARADMIN
BMC_CORE_BMC_RACK
VIEW
11/29/2007 10:16:20
11/29/2007 10:16:20
INVALID

Thanks,

Prashant

html___

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of
the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify
us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the
right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's
reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any
time
without any further consent.