Okay, I just resolved this issue while typing out this email. I will,
however, send out my original issue as well just in case any of you run
across this. The problem ended up being that the archive form and the
parent form didn't have the same permissions. You know, it would have
been nice if the system would have told me that was the problem. It HAS
to know....

Remedy 6.3

Admin 6.3

User 6.3

Windows 2k3

SQL Server 2k

I'm getting an error when trying to change the archive settings on one
of my archive forms. The error shows as below:

The Archive form is invalid. Archive form should not be in use and it's
[sic] data fields should match those in the main form. Please check the
manual for requirements for a valid Archive form. (ARERR 8999).

The problem is, I just today set up arching on this form. I let remedy
create the archive form itself, so I know it should be a valid archive
form.

The only thing I can think of is I had made a change to the archive
form. I took away a permission group so it would not be visible to my
users. I think that the archive happened to be running at this same
time, so I'm wondering if something messed up. Is there a flag somewhere
in a remedy ticket I need to reset?

I tried cycling remedy, but that didn't help.

Coincidentally, whenever I created the archive form, the default value
for two of my fields on the primary form was set to $NULL$ instead of
their existing values. On the Archive form, they were correct.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr

Sr. Remedy Developer

Leader Communications, Inc.