Hi all,
I'm having a problem with some characters. We get emails from another
system on our network that we dump to a working form then generate CHG
requests. I ran into the problem today when the summary field had the <
and > characters in it. Is there an escape character I can have the
other system developer use to tell Remedy it's just field data and not a
command variable? I had them remove the < and > and the request went
through, so I know that's the problem.

Here is the email that failed. Anything after the summary field was
disregarded and an email was sent back saying that required fields were
empty.

Schema: DSL:CQE-CHG-Email
Server: XXXXXXXX
Login: XXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXX
Action: Submit
Format: Short
Category !200000003! : Software
Type !200000004! : Application
Item !200000005! : NDA
Classification !536870982! : Normal
Status !7! : Awaiting Review
Risk !260007001! : Low
Urgency !240000009! : Low
Summary !8! : Modify FIXNDAOTHERCD7 program to Bybass ND-OTHER-CD-7
field > 90 and change Field if < 4 to 0
Req. Name !536870914! : John Doe
Req. Phone !536870915! : 9999
Aff. Name !240000001! : John Doe
Aff. Phone !240000002! : 9999
Implem. Group !536870984! : Mainframe Computing
Planned Start !240000013! : 02/29/2008 15:54:35
Planned End !240000014! : 02/29/2008 15:59:35

We're on Windows 2003 with ARS 6.3 Patch 23

-------------

Dylan Wheeler
Production Control Analyst Principal
IT Operations
Downey Savings & Loan Association, F.A.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This message and any attachments are for the intended recipient(s) only
and may contain privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information
about Downey Savings or its customers, which Downey Savings does not
intend to disclose to the public. If you received this message by
mistake, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message
and attachments.