A view form will give you db access if you don't have the credentials
to access the db outside Remedy.  Or you could use sql set fields
workflow to get the data you seek.

Also, the query mentioned earlier:

select distinct name, filter.filterid from filter, filter_message
where filter.filterid = (select filterid from filter_message where
msgnum = 1441186);

Could be written as:

select filterid, name
from filter
where filterid in (
select filterid
from filter_message
where msgnum = 1441186)

The 'in' instead of '=' will prevent an invalid sql statement in the
event two filters use the same msgnum.

Axton