If you would only have outgoing emails set up your incoming mails will not
even reach your Remedy box - so they won't stop messages from sending out!
And even if you would have configured an incoming mailbox as well; I have
never heard of a 'normal'  incoming mail blocking the outgoing mail
messages. Just for the record, I have heard of many other strange
email-not-working-as-expected scenarios....

I guess you can add a footer template to your outgoing mailbox with a couple
of nice words on how to reach your helpdesk AND that replies to the email
are not processed

One other remark, do check the mailbox where replies end up every couple of
weeks or so. It will fill up and you might want to clean it out a little. Of
course things like out-of-office replies will end up there but it can also
be a way to (double) check for people who have left the company (and which
no longer have mailboxes) and you still need to remove or deactivate in
Remedy.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards
Michiel Beijen