From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 3:10 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Mid-Tier 7.1

**
Actually, the Mid-Tier can be upgraded independently from the AR System server.
 This can be seen in the compatibility matrix at:

http://www.bmc.com/support/bmcremedycomp/index.htm

Moving to Mid-Tier 7.1 will provide some performance increases, but you would
not be able to use any new features of the Mid-Tier that depend on the AR
System server being 7.1.00 as well (e.g. pre-fetch).  In other words, AR System
Mid-Tier 7.1.00 is supported on AR System Server 6.3 (supporting only 6.3
features), 7.0.01 (supporting only 7.0.01 features) and 7.1.00 (all features).

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.