The company for which I work is putting in a new Remedy ARS version:
7.1.00 Patch 002 200802011900. The persons/users have been imported in
the the old naming convention and before go-live it has been decided
to change person/user name to the same as our AD login.

So... I found rrrLoginConv but I am obviously missing the point (or
key info) because it runs, but no changes occur. Here is pertinent
info:

running from laptop, not the server. Slow, but the logfile shows no
error based on that.

Text file entries created in TextPad (these people/users do exist)
gord_gray = grayg
roland_renaud = roland
james_robertson = robertso

Command line minus login info:

rrrLoginConv remdev login password loginTest1.txt ALLFORMS -debug -
logfile test1.log

When logged in as the user in the command line I can add, change,
remove people and users. This runs, and as promised -debug creates a
prolific log file. Sample from the CTM:People form:

Processing form CTM:People
Form CTM:People, list of fields to convert
  1000000069 char       HR ID
  1000000032 char       CC Business Fax
  1000000045 char       Local Home
  1000000046 char       GEOnet
  1000000024 char       Nick Name
  1000000035 char       Desk Location
  1000000051 char       Area Pager
  1000000127 char       Default Zip/Postal Code
  1000000028 char       CC Business
  1000000033 char       Area Business Fax
  1000000031 char       Extension Business
  1000000074 char       Site ID
  1000000042 char       Local Mobile
  1000000926 char       PIN Pager NT
  1000000029 char       Area Business
  1000001262 char       Web Access ID
  1000000946 char       Area Pager NT
  1000000053 char       PIN Pager
  260141102  char       Contact Type
  1000000948 char       Local Pager NT
  1000000054 char       Corporate ID
  1000000020 char       Middle Initial
  1000000052 char       Local Pager
  1000000019 char       First Name
  1000000654 char       Employment Status
  1000000041 char       Area Mobile
  1000000040 char       CC Mobile
  1000000044 char       Area Home
  1000000039 char       Site Zip/Postal Code
  1000000947 char       CC Pager NT
  1000000122 char       Home Zip/Postal Code
  1000000034 char       Local Business Fax
  1000000188 char       Cost Center
  15         char       Status History
  1000000030 char       Local Business
  1000000036 char       Mail Station
  1000000021 char       Title
  1000000043 char       CC Home
  1000000018 char       Last Name
  1000000050 char       CC Pager
Form CTM:People, 3406 entries found
Form CTM:People, 0 of 3406 entries changed, time 0:07:28

and from User:
Processing form User
Form User, list of fields to convert
  102        char       Password
  117        char       Authentication Login Name
Form User, 1 entries found
Form User, 0 of 1 entries changed, time 0:00:06

So... can anyone spot where I am going wrong? I am new to Remedy ARS
and perhaps the changes are hiding out somewhere and need to be
'activated' but I had thought the 'merge' would do this.

Thanks much,
Christine