Has the MAC address changed on the server or, if there are 2 network
cards is it now picking a different one than before. You can check this
out via the licence tool by trying to add a new license.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Louis Cobuccio
Sent: 10 April 2008 14:56
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Licensing Error Message - Production Down

Good Morning All,

I hope someone has seen this before or can help me trouble shoot this
issue.

We lost some network connectivity in our datacenter due a software bug
last night and our network team needed "applied a code upgrade to the
core devices".

Once the network crashed we recieved the following entries in the
arerror.log, "Wed Apr 09 20:12:40 2008     [DBNETLIB][ConnectionRead
(recv
()).]General network error.

Check your network documentation. (SQL Server 11) Wed Apr 09 20:13:59
2008  390635 : Failure while trying to connect to the SQL database.
Please ensure the SQL database is running or contact the Database
Administrator for help

(ARERR 550)
Wed Apr 09 20:13:59 2008
Wed Apr 09 20:13:59 2008  390635 : Cannot initialize contact with SQL
database (ARERR 551)
Wed Apr 09 20:13:59 2008     Stop server
Wed Apr 09 20:13:59 2008  390635 : AR System server terminated -- fatal
error encountered

(ARNOTE 21)
Wed Apr 09 20:14:01 2008  390600 : This version of the Action Request
System
(R) is ready for

use or evaluation without purchasing or activating an authorization key.
For unlimited capabilities, contact your sales representative. (ARNOTE
27)"

We can log into our system but we get licensing error messages when
trying to select any of the application consoles, "The application is
not licensed  : BMC:Atrium CMDB (ARERR 9858)

The preceding message occurred during the execution of active link
CHG:SHR:Set_DatasetName_Default -- action 1. (ARNOTE 1101)".  I've tried

removing the multilicense file but that didn't help.

We are running AR applications v 7.0.01 patch 006 in a windows shop,
Server
2003 SQL 2005.  The application and database are on seporate servers.

I've logged a call with BMC support, but it's been an hour and half with
no update.

Thanks,
Lou