Generate a core file and see what the stack is when it crashes or
attach a debugger to the arplugin process and catch the signal (11,
I'm assuming).  Do you have the source for the plugin?  If you have
the source, you will actually be able to fix the problem.

man dbx

read on the following dbx commands:
check -leaks
check -memuse