>From the plugin logs I was able to pinpoint the error. I am using libxml2 to
parse the xml to send to the external service and also to parse the response
from the external service and expose as rows in ARS.

I have attached the code which is in question. When the second search is
done the logs show - "After len - 769" and after that the crash occurs since
I don't see "After doc". So the line 44 in the attached file is where the
problem is.

Arthur

On 4/10/08, Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Generate a core file and see what the stack is when it crashes or
> attach a debugger to the arplugin process and catch the signal (11,
> I'm assuming).  Do you have the source for the plugin?  If you have
> the source, you will actually be able to fix the problem.
>
> man dbx
>
> read on the following dbx commands:
> check -leaks
> check -memuse
> check -access
>
> Axton Grams
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Arthur Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > **
> > ARS6.3 p 23 on Solaris 10 with users using User 5.1.2
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Arthur
> >

> > On 4/10/08, Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > What platform are you using?
> > >
> > > Axton

> than
> > the
> form
> across
> > this

> > > Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
> > >

> >  __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"
> > html___

  //Allocate mem for valueOperandPtr->u.value.u.charVal -
  //which holds an XML string to be sent out to the external service
  sdiRequest=(char *)malloc(strlen(valueOperandPtr->u.value.u.charVal)+1);

  /* NOTE : Had to add "<" in front of the XML value
  sent in from the form as the value of the search since Remedy
  strips the leading <. Most likely thinking it was an operator*/
  sprintf(sdiRequest,"<%s",valueOperandPtr->u.value.u.charVal);

  len=strlen(sdiRequest);
  sdiRequestDoc = xmlReadMemory(sdiRequest, len, "noname0.xml", NULL, 0);
  if (doc == NULL)
    {
      free(sdiRequest);
      return AddErrorMessage(status, AR_RETURN_ERROR,
                             PLUGIN_ERROR_GENERIC,
                             "Request sent in is not a well formed XML");
    }

  Request();
  iInitRun=0;
  sdiRequest=talker(sdiRequest);
  Release();
  ARPluginLogging(AR_PLUGIN_LOG_INFO, "Eval");

  if (sdiRequest == NULL)
    {
      free(sdiRequest);
      return AddErrorMessage(status, AR_RETURN_ERROR,
                             PLUGIN_ERROR_GENERIC,
                             "No Output from SDI");
    }

  /*
   * The document being in memory, it has no base per RFC 2396,
   * and the argument - "noname.xml" will serve as its base.
   */
  len = strlen(sdiRequest);
  xmlFreeDoc(sdiRequestDoc);

  ARPluginLogging(AR_PLUGIN_LOG_INFO,
                                      "After len - %d\n",len);
  doc = xmlReadMemory(sdiRequest, len, "noname1.xml", NULL, 0);
  ARPluginLogging(AR_PLUGIN_LOG_INFO,
                                      "After doc\n");