I'll let those more practiced in the process describe it.  I've done it
once, and I'm not on a SQL system at the moment to be able to walk through
it.  Basically, you would create a view of the table in question, and then
modify the permissions on the view to allow access to it.

I would NOT change any of the permissions on the table itself - only the
view of it.

Rick