From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Craig Carter
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:34 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Q: Underlying Specifics - Data Connection

**
We've been experiencing an intermittent connection error for the past couple of
years and it is something we really need to try to resolve.  By intermittent,
the application works great for everyone most of the time but occasionally, the
following error pops up:
"Unable to set up a data connection, which is preventing the application from
working correctly. (ARERR 9351)"
We're behind some firewalls and this pops up in a browser session while
performing a save and/or performing a retrieval of information.  Our midtier is
located a couple thousand miles away from our database server and the midtier
and database are set to use a specific port.  Our assumption is that at that
moment, there is a brief connectivity problem that causes this-especially since
it appears more often at certain offsite locations that at others.
We have submitted a ticket to BMC since the error guide simply adds "An
internal error occurred during a back channel request from the browser to the
mid tier server."
I'm basically looking for anyone who might have more information on what
underlying problem would cause this specific message?  What kind of back
channel request?  It is related to something specific that we could possible
code around?
Any ideas are appreciated.  I'll be turning on all of the logs and looking for
an answer but wanted to tap the combined expertise for possible remedies...
ARS 7.0.1 P5
Windows Server 2003
ServletExec 5 AS
Java 1.5.0_15