One correction - the install release notes do actually say that
X-Windows is a pre-requisite.

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pierson, Shawn
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 1:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: IM Patch 7 Installer?

**

You need to get your sales people involved.  I would think that many
other companies/government agencies are in the same boat you are, and
would have an alternative.  If your organization alone is big enough,
they can complain enough to the sales people to force BMC to do
something.  I'm sure BMC would rather keep getting your organization's
maintenance money than stick to their X-windows only installation
method.

You know, it seems like it would be much easier for BMC anyway if their
ITSM patches for Unix were all command line driven anyway.  I have
worked on many unix environments, and I don't know of any that used X
windows on any servers.  I think ITSM is generally used on Windows, but
they still should support it on Unix without requiring X to be
installed.