  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Frank Caruso
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 11:07 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: MidTier 7.0.1 Form Name Issue

** Ran into an interesting issue this morning while testing MT 7.0.1 p7.

Had a form that would not open in the MT. Had alink that opened it as a
dialog but all we got was a blank (white) form. Had MT client side logging
turned on and the only thing you could see was the alink trying to open the
dialog. I even tried to open the form using a direct link with no success.
Would just get a blank page with no source code. I inactivated all alinks
but that did not help. I re-saved the form and flushed the cache. Still no
page would display and there were no errors in any log files. I even
re-imported the form with no luck. This form works fine on MT 6.3 p20.

The name of the form is: Host\Device Validation.

The next step was renaming the form thinking maybe the "\" was the problem.
I renamed it to "Host Device Validation". This fixed the problem. The form
opened with no issues.

I do not recall seeing anything about certain characters not being allowed
in form (object) names.

html___