I have a user called test.biz. He has three permission groups, groupa,
groupb, groupc. I have a vertical navigation bar that has several
top-level menus on it. One of the menus is called Add/Modify Quote. It
has groupa permissions on it. The permission groupa is just a generic
permission group that everyone has, like public, but it's explicit.

The menu option of Add/Modify Quote has several menu items under it.
They are Add Quote, Delete Quote, Approve Quote, Modify Quote. All have
groupa permission, except approve quote. If I do not give it any
permission, then test.biz cannot see it. However, if I give it any
permission group, even a group that test.biz does not have, then
test.biz can see that menu item. He cannot see any of the other stuff
that has the same permissions, such as tabs.

For some strange reason, if I give that menu item any permission at all,
it's basically the same as giving it public. Does anyone know of
anything different that I have to do? Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP

Remedy Engineer

Leader Communications, Inc.

http://www.5pointleader.com

http://www.lcibest.com

Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM

An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI(r) Level 3 Rated Company