Hi K.P.,

Try for following changes in *AREA LDAP* form & *Server Information* form ---->
*
Bind User* -- User Name which you created in Active Directory & have admin previllages in Active Directory.
*Authontication Chain Mode* -- ARS-AREA
Select  Croos-Reference Blank Password.
We tried with *Group Membership* -- Group  Container.

Hope this helps...
Regards,

*Mahendra.
Vyom Labs Pvt. Ltd.
An ISO 20000 certified company.
Consulting | Outsourcing | Training || BMC Remedy BSM | ITIL
Web : www.vyomlabs.com
*Kevin Pulsen wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to config the AREA LDAP form for Active Directory authentication, when a user login into the Remedy client. I have followed the documentation from the integrating 7.10 guide and have the following values set in my AREA LDAP form -

Host Name* - tcdc1.testco.com

User Base* - dc=testco,dc=com

Port Number - 389

User Search Filter* - cn=$\USER$

Bind User - testco\NETWORKOPS\Admins\Support Desk\tuser1

Group Membership - None

Bind Password - ************* (no it's not really *'s)

Use Secure Socket Layer - No

Chase Referral - No

I have the EA RPC set to 390695 and Authentication Chain Mode set to ARS -AREA -OS

When I attempt to login as a predefined user (with an existing Remedy ID setup, no password) It fails and gives the following error in the arplugin.log -

<ARSYS.AREA.LDAP> <SEVERE> Bind: Invalid credentials (LDAPERR Code 49) 80090308: LdapErr:

What am I missing for the AREA LDAP config?

Please help...

Thanks.... Kevin P.

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___