From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kevin Pulsen
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 1:48 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARDBC LDAP issue - ARS 7.1 Vendor form (Avail Vendor Tables)

**
Hello ARSList,

Area LDAP - Setup and works with out any issue; AD users can login and use
Remedy client with AD credentials. (Thanks again to all that helped!!)

ARDBC LDAP - Setup with the following -

Host Name* - tcdc1.testco.com
Port Number - 389
Bind User - testco\tuser1
Bind Password - *************
Use Secure Socket Layer - No
Directory Page size - 1000
LDAP Date-Time format - AD Generalized Time
Base DN for Discovery* - dc=testco,dc=com
ARDBC Plugin Cache - No

Under ARAdmin, I am able to create a new Vendor form and I can select
ARSYS.ARDBC.LDAP.

I see lots and lots of Available Vendor Tables.

Here is the issue - Active Directory users are not located in one single ou.

If I manually enter the vendor table
ldap://tcdc1/dc=testco,dc=com??sub?(objectclass=user)
I get some of the available columns, not all of them that exist on a user
object. I'm missing email, telephone, etc. (I can get all of the fields when a
specific ou is in the vendor table qualifier, however only those users in the
ou show up...this won't work)

However, If I manually enter the vendor table
ldap://tcdc1/dc=testco,dc=com??sub?(&(objectclass=user)(employeeId=*)(mail=*))
I get the columns for employeeID and email, but there are still columns
missing. Plus, when I do a search on this form in the AR User application it
only returns employees that have email addresses, I know for a fact that there
are employees that have no email addresses, I need all employees regardless if
these fields are blank (or null).

How do I write an LDAP qualifier that includes all of the Active Directory
fields on a user object, regardless if the field has a value or not?

I’ve checked ARSList and developer community already.

Please help.... this is the last piece.

Thanks,

Kevin P.

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___