What about creating a non-ARS web front-end that pointed directly to the
forms (menu? list of links?) you wanted to allow outside access to?  That
should be pretty easy for a Java/XML programmer to do.  The only other way I
can think of would be to create a separate mid-tier server that lives
outside the firewall, and redirect all the traffic that goes there to the
shorter list of forms (maybe put them in a separate application, and only
deploy that application to that MT server?).

Rick