Or two virtual servers, each with its own IP.  That way you could limit
access with NAT and firewall rules.

--
Tony Worthington
Sr. Technical Analyst

Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96 CS/SCCE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
05/29/2008 11:02 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Mid-tier and internal network

If IIS is your web server, why not create two separate virtual
directories--one for your Remedy apps and one for your outside-facing
non-Remedy apps.  Then you can set directory security individually for
each virtual directory (i.e., set up an IP range).

Then to avoid changing links, replace your actual .asp pages with pages
that do a redirect to the actual page.  For example, suppose your actual
page is https://remedy.jmu.edu/whatever.asp and that page show a nice
list of professors or something.

Rename that something like
https://remedy.jmu.edu/virtualdirectoryname/professors.asp and then just
turn whatever.asp into a redirect to professors.asp.  Thus, the change
would be invisible to the end user.