Hello everyone,

maybe you have a good idea on how to accomplish this:

We need to update around 600 character fields (scattered in an app with
250+ forms) with a menu pattern.

My first guess was to export forms to a def file (without the pattern),
create the pattern and attach is and export form and dependant menu to
see what happens. I wanted to learn about the changes in order to do
them in a batch script and perform an in-place re-import afterwards.
When doing a diff though, there are things that are obvious and other
that are not. Especially, what happens to display-instance is odd to me.
I think it has to do with the menubutton that appears after setting the
pattern, but I just can't tell.

- Has anyone of you had any experience with performing mass changes this
way?
- Is this a reasonable way at all? I could not get hold of any
documentation regarding the exact structure and content of the def file.
- Is there any other thinkable way of manipulating the data model this
massively?

Regards,

Peter