-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ravi
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:34 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Use of "Roles" in Deployable Application

Hi: I am trying to build a deployable application for the first time so I
can migrate the application between test, development and production remedy
servers. I read through the docs couple of times and still can't seem to
understand the usage of roles. I know users are part of one or more
group(s). A role can have one group when in Test and another group when in
Production. Is that all: All roles does is provide access to the application
to different set of users based on the deployable application state?

So do the groups and roles have to exist on the destination arserver before
exporting an imported application from my test server to the development
arserver?

Also looks like the advantage of using deployable application instead of
local application is that it can be licensesed and tracked. Is that the only
reason why someone would use deployable?

TIA
Ravi