My guess would be yes since the BEST solution is to put a mid-tier on the
Crystal server to handle reports, complete with crystal viewer, and have your
primary mid-tier configured to point at "BOXI/Crystal Report Server 11 on a
different machine with Midtier" - that offloads reporting, and removes the need
for the .rpt files to get shared between the mid-tier server and the crystal
server.

The only machine I have IE 6 on is my old 2000 server "desktop" that was my
complete console into ARS 5.1.2, so there is no way to compare speed.  It is
still set up with the 5.1.2 User and Admin Tools.  It is something like a P III
800, so it doesn't do anything quickly.  I don't have access to an current
hardware XP machine with IE 6.  I just tested it (remoted in same subnet - I'm
over in the server building), and it is still faster (IE 6 on 2000 server) than
the User Tool on XP, and in fact it was faster than IE 7 on XP (remoted in from
mac over wireless) although the XP box has Outlook 2007, PowerPoint 2007,
Outlook Express and another IE 7 session already open (not bad for 1 gb) with
both hitting mid-tier simultaneously. Maybe IE 6 is faster... you'll need to do
some testing on equivalent platforms.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/