Did you form an LLC for liability reasons or so you would be ineligible for
Social Security Payroll Taxes or some other reason?

Fluxman

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rabi Tripathi
Sent: 06/18/2008 11:27 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Self-Employed Remedy Professionals

Been doing it for 2 1/2 years. It's a mixed bag.
Overall, I'm happy. For the longest time, I had no company, just did 1099.
Just last year got a LLC.

If you don't understand the last two sentences, you've got a lot to learn to
operate as an independent. It took me quite some time to learn the terms,
the math, the tricks, the caveats and so forth. The paperwork and the
regulations and the taxes etc. And negotiations, contracts. Most
importantly, avoiding the bad ones who won't pay. Still learning.

It's a different life/different "job". If you crave stability, certainty,
you probably won't like it because it's really like an adventure with its
ups and downs and you are on your own in many ways. Call it
freedom/opportunity or call it chaos/risk. It is more demanding than, in my
opinion, a permanent job especially a non-consulting one. Just my personal
opinion, so please don't shoot me. Say, I don't want to be doing this till
retirement.

--- "Gary Opela (Corporate)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>