hi all, can someone help us? we don't know what is causing the
humongous error email log that is being dumped to/by our server. i'm
definitely positive we did not attempt sending any emails this many
since we are only on devel right now.

i checked and half (182,934!) of the record says this:

Message Type*: SEVERE
Message Number*: 0
Generated By*: Mail Box
Message Test:

MAPILogonEx Failed - Unable to login to MAPI
javax.mail.MessagingException: MAPILogonEx Failed - Unable to login to
MAPI
        at com.remedy.mail.mapi.MAPINative.getStore(Native Method)
        at com.remedy.mail.mapi.MAPIStore.connect(MAPIStore.java:145)
        at com.remedy.mail.mapi.MAPIStore.connect(MAPIStore.java:165)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.initializeIncommingMailbox(ReceiverModule.java:
1805)
        at
com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.doWork(ReceiverModule.java:
206)
        at com.remedy.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:268)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

and the other half is:

Message Type*: INFO
Message Number*: 29
Generated By*: AR System Email Daemon
Message Test:

Incoming message queue size: 0

has anyone ever encountered this error before? have we missed on an
important configuration or something? we'd appreciate any help! thanks
in advance.

~ elinore