-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96 CS/SCCE
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: "Lines of code" in Remedy?

Hmmm...Depending entirely on what they want this number for, I would
probably recommend not giving them a number.

Many organizations nowadays are foolishly using number of lines of code as a
benchmark for the complexity of an application.  If an app is more than X
number of lines of code is very complex...and then management starts asking
questions like, "Why is that code so complex? Perhaps we should optimize it?
Is there a commercial solution available to replace that inordinately and
thus expensive-to-maintain application?"

In short, if you give them a number (based on code objects or lines in a def
or whatever), that number isn't going to be right.  It might be good to make
them go away, but they may later use that bogus info to make some sort of
executive decision, which may end up putting your app and possibly YOU on
the chopping block.