Hi John,

That sounds like pretty good solution.  I have done something similar to
automate emailing some basic reports (csv files) natively with only Remedy
and OS commands.  One note on your clean up, running an
PERFORM-ACTION-DELETE-ATTACHMENT will not delete an attachment on the
harddrive, only out of a Remedy attachment field.  You can either do a run
process that like "RUN PROCESS del <path>\<file.txt>" or create a small
batch file that you can call from a filter and pass the file name to it.

Another option would be to use Crystal Reports if you have them.  Crystal
Server can send various format attachments (pdf, doc, xls) on a schedule or
on an event (but it takes a kind of hokey work around to make events work).
If you have Crystal Reports but not Crystal Server you can use CRexporter (
http://www.rainforestnet.com/crexport-download.htm).  It is a free tool that
can run a Crystal reports, export it in various formats.  You can easly call
it from a filter to run the report and email it.

HTH,
Jason