Are you integrating LDAP with ITSM 7?  If so, you will want to have an
intermediate form of your own construction into which to push the data from
LDAP.  Then you can check the data for accuracy, requirements of ITSM, and
do any formatting you need, etc., and THEN push from that form into the
People form.

Rick