-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Sanders
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 2:07 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Question about Status Bar info in 7.1 User client

Hi David

In the User tool, the server name displayed should be the name of the
server
that you connected to - whatever name or alias you have defined in the
Accounts part.  All windows opened on that server should have the same
alias/name for the server.

If the server name/alias changes when you use your application, I think
that
can only be because you have workflow that does Open Window actions
specifying a server name that is hard-coded in the active link.
References
to the current server should be stored in the database as @, but if this
is
not the case and the server name is hard-coded, then you can have the
problems you are experiencing.

This problem can occur if you have DNS aliases defined for your server,
and
you use those aliases to connect to the server with the Admin tool, and
then
develop workflow or make workflow changes.  The ARS server only knows
itself
by its real name, and any other names defined in the ar.conf/cfg file as
IP-Name aliases.  It will not auto-magically recognize DNS aliases as
itself
in workflow.  Thus you can get hard-coded server names instead of the @.

You can check if this is your problem if you have access to the database
by
looking at, for example, the tfServer column in the field_table table or
the
serverName column in the actlink_open table.  These columns should
contain
either a @ or a $field ID$ (where the Advanced box is checked in the
object).  If there are hard-coded server names, these are your problems.

To prevent this problem happening in the future, you should only connect
the server in the Admin tool using the real server name, or an alias
defined
in the ar.conf/cfg file.  You should add all these DNS aliases to your
ar.conf/cfg file as IP-Name: <DNS alias> lines.

To clean up the current hard-coded server references is more difficult.
You
could use direct SQL on the data dictionary tables to replace all
hard-coded
server names with @.  But that is not supported.

Having defined all the IP-Name aliases as described above, and server
definitions export *might* clean them out. Do an export to a def file,
open
with a text editor and search for the hard-coded server names.  If you
find
any, replace them with 1\@ (note that the server name is preceded by a
number which is the character length of the name).  Having got a 'clean'
def
file, you can then import in place.

The final method, which is the only supported one I guess, is to open
each
object in the admin tool and re-select the server name, then save.  Note
that you will have to re-enter the table-field or set field
qualification
before saving.

HTH

David Sanders