Or... you can let any user "use" the Web Service and restrict access
to the data that it would serve out with a dynamic group. (Submitter,
Assignee, Assignee Group, etc...)

Permission to the Web Service does not guarantee access to the data.
(Nor should it.)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)