In our current implementation we are also multi-tenant, and we do not
store passwords in ARS.  We are authenticating externally, and our
authentication chaining mode is ARS-Area.

Hope that helps.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of sivarama velicheti
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:02 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Authentication from LDAP

**

Hi,

          I have a question regarding LDAP pertaining to AR Server 7.1.
I have read in the guides somewhere that unless both the user name and
password are stored in the local AR Server, the users are not considered
registered users. In Multi-tenancy guest users are not allowed (and we
have multi-tenancy turned on). I want to know what are my options. Do I
have to import the password as well. I don't think its doable because
LDAP would be encrypting them and even if I do import them AR Server
needs to know how to decrypt them. Is my analogy of the situation right?
if so what can I do. If not please correct me.

--

Sivarama

html___

relationship between TuringSMI, SMI Technologies, SMI Telco, its subsidiaries
or affiliates and you. Internet communications are not secure and therefore the
TuringSMI Group does not accept any legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author.  This
message is intended for the addressee(s) only and its contents and any attached
files are strictly confidential. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender on the number above.