Cool.  Then when the Pinkertons come to bust us up, you can fend them off while
we run away!

--Tim

----- Original Message ----
From: David.M Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:06:36 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSLIST] Salary in Bay Area

I've had my nose broken a few times... can I be a union "boss"?

David M Clark
Remedy Programmer/Analyst

>>> Howard Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/6/2008 11:02 AM >>>
Susan,

The first item we need to address is how much we want to charge for
dues.

hbr

On 8/6/08, Susan Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ** I like that ... an activist in the group !!!
>
> Susan
>

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Howard Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> ** Maybe we need to form a union to keep our rates up to what they
should
>> be.
>>
>> hbr
>>

>>   On 8/6/08, Tortolero, Joseph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> **
>>>
>>> Shawn, Right ON!....
>>>
>>> Remedy peeps…good Remedy peeps should NOT devalue themselves…if you
are
>>> willing to take 50-60 an hour you are screwing everyone by giving
away your
>>> HARD earned money and devaluing our profession. The bar should be
set at 100
>>> minimum an hour. And Shawn is COMPLETELY correct about that 15%, in
fact I
>>> go 12% tops.  Anything more then that and you are getting robbed.
It's not
>>> like we don't get 10-15 calls a week with job offers…we are needed
and will
>>> be needed...set the standard, maintain the standard.
>>>

>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> -j
>>>

>>> *Joe Tortolero*
>>>
>>> *Remedy Consultant*
>>>
>>> *Desk - 561-682-2780*
>>>
>>> *Cell  - 561-665-1363*
>>>
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>

>>> **
>>>

>>>  ------------------------------

You can
>>> probably get six figures as a Remedy developer with more than ten
years just
>>> about anywhere in the U.S. if you are working on ITSM, although no
person
>>> with that much experience should even be supporting a home grown
system for
>>> less than $80k/year anywhere.  You can get that much at a job in
Oklahoma or
>>> Ohio, which have much lower costs of living than the bay area.
It's all
>>> about supply and demand though, so if you want to be paid well you
have to
>>> live somewhere that has very few Remedy people available, and a lot
of
>>> companies making decent money so they can pay a decent salary too.
>>>

>>> As far as consulting, with 10 years of experience I would suggest
looking
>>> at a minimum of $125/hour.  I know BMC charges twice that for their
senior
>>> people, and a lot of the major Remedy consulting firms charge
similar
>>> rates.  Any consulting firm that keeps more than 15% or $15/hour
from your
>>> rate (depending on whether you are making more or less than
$100/hr)  is
>>> keeping too much.  When I first did consulting I was ripped off a
few times
>>> because I went through too many layers, where you have a small
consulting
>>> firm taking 15%, who has a deal with a larger consulting firm
taking 15%,
>>> who then deals directly with the client.  In fact, I remember
working with a
>>> guy who was being paid less than $40/hour while the client was
paying
>>> $150/hour only because he had three or four consulting firms in the
middle
>>> who each took their cut.  When consulting, always ask who the
direct client
>>> is, and if they refuse to tell you or if they tell you the name of
another
>>> consulting company, don't let them submit your information to the
client.

>>> Shawn Pierson
>>>

>>> __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are"