We are having a fairly serious problem in IM 7.03.

Sometimes - and with no consistency - users will get a "unique index
violation" error when creating an incident.

After extensive research I've found the following to be true:

1.) The error is valid.
2.) The error happens because the system is trying to insert a duplicate
Incident Number into the HPD:Help Desk form
3.) The duplicate Incident Number that is attempting to be saved did NOT
come from the same user - therefore it's not a client workflow issue.
IE - it's not a workflow bug where the field isn't being cleared out on
the client between creations of incidents.
4.) There appear to be old/extra records in "HPD:CFG Ticket Num
Generator" from the past two days.  There are no entries prior to Monday

Does anyone know how the form "HPD:CFG Ticket Num Generator" works in
terms of when/how it gets emptied?

William Rentfrow, Principal Consultant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
C 701-306-6157