Windows 2003

AR 7.1 p3

I'm trying to configure AREA and ARDBC to an Active Directory server. I can
browse the server when using ldapbrowser and the credentials I've been
given. However, when I configure the ARDBC in Remedy User and then try to
create a new vendor form in Remedy Administrator, Remedy Administrator hangs
for about a minute and then I get an empty vendor form creation box. If I
remove the ARDBC configuration, or just the server address, then creating a
new vendor form shows REMEDY.ARDBC.APPQUERY, REMEDY.ARDBC.FLASHBOARD.FORM
and REMEDY.ARDBC.SERVER.ADMINISTRATION immediately.

It appears to me that something is causing the LDAP plugin to hang and this
causes the entire plugin server to hang which causes other problems such as
slow logins and an inability to look at user licenses.

Is there any way to tell if this issue is related to the Active Directory or
is a BMC/Remedy issue?

I've tried limiting the page size to 1000, 100 and 10 to no avail. I've
tried setting the BaseDN to a container with only 6 objects, also to no
avail. I'm not really sure where to go next. Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

--- J.T. Shyman