________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:39 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: AR System install error - Oracle

I am trying to install AR System 7.1 patch 4 on an Oracle 10g Express
platform on a Windows box.  The Oracle services are running, I can log
in and navigate in the browser-based Administration, so I am pretty sure
that the DB is up.  However, the AR System installer seems to think
otherwise.  I get this error message when specifying the DB information:

"Could not connect to the database.  Verify the selected Database Server
is running".

There's only one instance of the DB running, and the SID is specified as
"XE" both in the installer and in the tnsnames.ora file.  I got that
value from the Registry.

So what am I missing here?

Rick