please.  Thanks!

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shyam Attavar
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:45 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: AR Server 7.0.1 -- very sensitive to network hiccups

**

Dear Listers,

Have any of you noticed that AR Server 7.0.1 Patch 2 is very sensitive
to network hiccups.

Here's our current setup for the AR System:

Oracle 10g R2 running on a remote RHEL cluster

AR Server 7.0.1 Patch 2 running on Windows 2003 Server

ITSM 6.x

For a while the behavior seemed very stable in this setup. However, off
late, we are noticing that any minor hiccups in the network traffic
between AR Server and the Oracle DB is causing AR Server process to
crash and hence has to be restarted manually. This has happened at least
three times in the last four weeks. I know that AR Server has been
fairly resilient to the DB not being available for a few minutes and
would reconnect once DB was available. However, that is not what we have
noticed over the last few weeks. I already have a ticket open with
Support and am waiting to reproduce this issue, so that I can send the
logs.

Just wondering if any one else has seen something similar. If so, what
measures were taken to address this instability. Not sure if this is
inherent to the AR System itself or this has something to do with the
Oracle version we are running.

Any feedback would be very valuable and much appreciated.

Regards,

--

Shyam

html___

relationship between TuringSMI, SMI Technologies, SMI Telco, its subsidiaries
or affiliates and you. Internet communications are not secure and therefore the
TuringSMI Group does not accept any legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author.  This
message is intended for the addressee(s) only and its contents and any attached
files are strictly confidential. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender on the number above.